Posted on Updated on
Yesterday i want to give access Send As Permission for distribution list and i got some error :
This error is not retriable. Additional information: Access is denied. Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-031521D0, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS)
then after i read this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2983209 i found root cause this problem cause by default Exchange Trusted Subsystem is not granted the “modify permissions” permission.
Resolution for this problem you can add Exchange Trusted Subsystem to Permission in OU that contains the Distribution Group by following these steps:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Click View, and then click Advanced Features.
- Right-click the OU that contains the distribution lists, and then click Properties.
- In the Security tab, click Advanced.
- In the Permissions tab, click Add.
- In the Enter object name to select box, type Exchange trusted subsystem, and then click OK.
- In the Object tab, select This object and all descendants objects in the Apply into list, locate Modify Permissions in the Permissions list, and then set it to Allow.
- Click OK
Try again and it works now 😀